Elasto-Gel Hot/Cold Therapy Wrist And Elbow Wrap
- Can be used for finger injuries as well
- Can be rotated and adjusted to fit as needed
- Reduces swelling and inflammation
- Reduces acute pain
- Can be stored in the freezer indefinitely
- Reduces soreness or stiffness
17 in stock
Although created to cover wrists or elbows, the wrap can be turned around to resolve finger injuries as well. The Elasto-Gel Hot/Cold Wrist and Elbow Wrap can be rotated and adjusted to fit as needed since there is a wide and narrow side to the wrap. The Elasto-Gel Wrap can be used in cold therapy to decrease swelling and inflammation from acute pain such as sprains, strains or bruises. The wrap can be used in cold treatments for 20-40 minutes per application. When not in use, the wrap can be stored in the freezer indefinitely. The Elasto-Gel will remain flexible even at -20 F. Moreover, if used as a hot therapy wrap, the wrists, elbow areas will benefit with increased circulation and reduced soreness or stiffness. Heat therapy would help with reoccurring pain like arthritis, old injuries or pain associated with Lupus.
Directions for COLD THERAPY
• Place gel pack in freezer for 2 hours or more.
• Remove pack from freezer and place inside the cloth cover.
• Close compartment and apply compression wrap as shown and secure by attaching the elastic strap.
• Remains flexible after frozen.
Gel pack will maintain cold therapy for 30-60 minutes. It is best to keep an extra gel pack in the
freezer to replace the original that is in use when it is no longer cold. The pack may remain in
freezer until next use.
Directions for HOT THERAPY
• Heat in cloth cover.
• Fold the pack in half. Heat in microwave for 20 seconds on each side. Unfold the pack and refold in the
other direction. Heat in the microwave for an additional 20 seconds on each side. This will improve
uniform heating throughout the entire pack. For additional warmth, heat in 10 second increments.
NOTE – DO NOT MICROWAVE EACH SIDE LONGER THAN 20 SECONDS AT A TIME TO AVOID
BREAKING OR OVERHEATING GEL PACK.
• Remove pack from microwave and wait for one minute before applying to skin.
• Apply compression wrap as shown by attaching the elastic strap.
Gel pack will maintain hot therapy for 20-30 minutes. When pack is no longer hot, reheat in
microwave at 10 second increments until desired temperature is reached. The gel pack may be
stored at room temperature. Test after each 10 second increments.
Remove the outside cover and hand wash in cold water and mild soap. Hang up to dry. Wipe the white inner cover with a damp (not wet) cloth using mild soap or disinfectant. Allow the product to fully air dry before continuing to use.
- About 15 -20 minutes...not as long as other packs, but if you have sensitive skin, this is a good option...you can put it on and leave it on...my PT told me that it's not necessary to have it super cold.2014-06-07 09:43:31answered on
- Between 10 and 15 minutes. One can leave it on up to 20 minutes, as recommended by sports professionals, however, one can feel much less cooling after 20 min. That seems to be the typical cooling performance of the wrist wraps at the professional gyms I've visited.2014-06-06 18:23:16answered on
- 15-20 minutes. I'm 30, and when I was a college athlete, I had ice wrapped on me with Saran Wrap-that stayed much cooler much longer! But I could also recommend this to my great aunt for her wrist, knowing she wouldn't damage her skin if she fell asleep with it. It's good enough for me, but stays safe for folks with bad circulation.2014-06-06 14:20:06answered on