Elasto-Gel Hot/Cold Therapy Cervical Collar Wrap
- Reduces acute pain
- Relief for muscular tissue injuries
- Adjustable Velcro Hook
- Can be used hot or cold
Whether using the Lycra or Polycotton cover, the Elasto-Gel Cervical Collar Wrap offers the same healing properties. The cervical collar provides relief for muscular and soft tissue neck injuries.
The Lycra cover is endowed with 4-way stretch with a loop in the back, letting the Velcro stick anywhere on the collar creating a custom fit every time. While the cotton cover has a Velcro hook, which is the only place to position the Velcro strap to hold the collar in place.
The wrap can be used for either hot or cold therapy. Using the wrap for cold therapy soothes acute/sharp pain such as whiplash and muscle strains. On the other hand, heat therapy eases reoccurring pain like old injuries.
Questions and answers of the customers
- A Directions for COLD THERAPY • Place gel pack in freezer for 2 hours or more. • Remove pack from freezer and place inside the cloth cover. • Close compartment and apply compression wrap as shown and secure by attaching the elastic strap. • Remains flexible after frozen. Gel pack will maintain cold therapy for 30-60 minutes. It is best to keep an extra gel pack in the freezer to replace the original that is in use when it is no longer cold. The pack may remain in freezer until next use.
- Q Will this work for longer periods of time, such as sleeping? Does it keep your neck relatively immobile similar to a foam collar?A It only cools for 15~20 minutes. It does not immobilize your neck.
- Q I have been using this for a few weeks now and it does not get very cold and lasts for less than 10 minutes, is this common or maybe defective?A We have been using them for years. The gel pak gets plenty cold, but does not hold the coldest state very long. They do stay cool for about thirty minutes. We keep three of them in plastic bags in the freezer and rotate them to keep cold ones available in the freezer. For neck pain and headaches they are the best cold pak that we have found - and we have tried many
- A It will fit you. The collar itself is 20 inches with an additional Velcro strap.
- Q I want use this product for hot therapy. After 25minutes of hot treatment, whether I need keep it in freezer or not?A If you are going to use this product for hot therapy only, then there is no need to keep it in the freezer. If you do want to use it for cold therapy also, my product is ready to use in an hour or so. Give or take a few minutes. Hope this helps you.